July 9, 2008 – Volume 9, No. 28
http://safedrinkingwater.com/ safedrinkingwater.com NEWS - The premier newsletter for the drinking water quality community.
Subscribe to safedrinkingwater.com NEWS Recommend safedrinkingwater.com NEWS to a colleague Search safedrinkingwater.com NEWS send us your feedback read past issues of safedrinkingwater.com NEWS

This week's NEWS

They are back! Those wild and crazy guys from Bryan, TX... they really know how to deliver the "consumer confidence." EPA invites utilities to try out their "event detection" systems. Quaggas are not just a western U.S. problem! New laboratory information is available. Water treatment topics go from C (for chloramines) to N (for nanotechnology) to Z (for zeolite).


Check out these new opportunities!

Environmental Engineer 4 (Columbus, OH)
Planning and Operational Compliance Manager (San Francisco, CA)
Senior Public Affairs Representative (Lakewood, CA)
Senior Civil Engineer (Petaluma, CA)
Mechanical Technician (Petaluma, CA)
Pilot Treatment Plant Specialist - Limited Term (Las Vegas, NV)
Your Job Here! – Now sent to more than 6100 subscribers!

Many more jobs and resumes on the Job Reservoir website



Quick Links Navigation:

State Updates
Security
Water Treatment
Laboratories
Water Quality Reports
Publications

Sodium
Chromium
Quagga Mussels
Research
Fluoridation
Arsenic

Bottled Water
PCE
Private Wells
Water Reuse
Desalination

 

State Updates

Security

Water Treatment

Laboratories

Water Quality Reports

  • Bryan, TX's unique annual Water Quality "calendar" is here!
    Commentary: Yes, they are back! The city with the motto "The Good Life, Texas Style" once again educates, informs and elucidates the finer points of its drinking water quality (and other aspects of water and wastewater operations) through the lens of infamous Rock and Roll groups: Motley Water Crüe, Wettalica, AquaSmith, and The Thirsty Girls, to cite a few examples. It is estimated that over 97% of its citizens actually read the water quality report!  The other 3% only look at the pictures.

Publications

 

NEWS CONTINUES BELOW

UV Disinfection Services

Malcolm PirnieWith finalization of the Long-Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2ESWTR), ultraviolet (UV) disinfection can be one of the most cost-effective treatment methods to ensure continued regulatory compliance.

To help you decide if UV disinfection is right for your water system, Malcolm Pirnie, Inc. can provide assistance throughout the design process, from technology evaluation to construction and startup assistance. Because of our long-time involvement with regulatory agencies, Malcolm Pirnie offers in-depth understanding and expertise in research projects, regulatory compliance, and design of UV disinfection facilities for drinking water and wastewater facilities. We recognize that resources are limited and can help you find alternative sources of funding, the right equipment procurement strategy, and innovative approaches for retrofitting or upgrading existing facilities.

For more information, visit our website to meet the UV disinfection experts: Christine Cotton and Sam Jeyanayagam.


 

Sodium

Chromium

Quagga Mussels

Research

Fluoridation

Arsenic

Bottled Water

PCE

Private Wells

Water Reuse

Desalination


Relevant Links


To post a job on Job Reservoir, please visit the following address:
http://www.jobreservoir.com/postajob.html

For feedback or a news story suggestion, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/contact/feedback.htm

To recommend safedrinkingwater.com NEWS to a colleague, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/contact/sharenewsletter.htm

For e-mail delivery problems, please send an e-mail to info@safedrinkingwater.com.

To view the staff for safedrinkingwater.com NEWS, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/about/staff.htm

To subscribe to safedrinkingwater.com NEWS, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/subscribe/subscribe.htm

Copyright © 2000-2008 safedrinkingwater.com NEWS