April 23, 2003 -- Volume 4, No. 17
http://safedrinkingwater.com/ safedrinkingwater.com NEWS - The premier newsletter for the drinking water quality community.
Subscribe to safedrinkingwater.com NEWS Recommend safedrinkingwater.com NEWS to a colleague Search safedrinkingwater.com NEWS send us your feedback read past issues of safedrinkingwater.com NEWS
This week's NEWS

Congress begins to tackle the issue of limiting liability for public water systems that meet all drinking water standards. Arizona dings water utility hard for failing to get required permits. Questions about health risks of C8 slide off DuPont like they are Teflon-coated. Chemical security legislation would put utilities in double jeopardy. Electrolysis removes hair but what kind of job will it do on perchlorate? Japanese city's groundwater affected by unusual source of arsenic.

Great New Listings on Job Reservoir!

•  Environmental Engineer (CA)
•  Environmental Specialist (CA)
•  Assistant Engineer II (Civil) (CA)
•  Water Utilities Director (OK)


•  Your Job Here! -- Now sent to more than 5900 subscribers!
Many more jobs and resumes on the Job Reservoir website


Federal Update
State Updates
Compliance/Penalties
Water Security

Perchlorate
Fluoridation
Water Contamination
C8
  • USEPA wants public input on PFOA or C8 for its risk assessment (Marietta Times, April 22)
    Commentary: The article notes that traces of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which is used in the manufacture of Teflon, "have been detected in the bloodstream of 90% of the American population." Does that mean that the other 10% are cast-iron skillet purists?


NEWS CONTINUES BELOW
MEC Water Utility Strategic Planning Services

Quality services that ensure safe drinking water -- McGuire Environmental Consultants, Inc. MEC can help you understand the business, regulatory, societal, and utility trends that will position your utility for success. The water utility industry is more dynamic than ever before. Important trends in population growth, contaminant measurement, regulations, training needs, bottled water, infrastructure replacement, privatization and other areas will define the utility of the future. Understanding these trends is an integral part of utility strategic planning. MEC has consulted for numerous organizations to both understand these trends, as well as position themselves for future success.

For more information on these services, please contact Ed Means at emeans@mcguireinc.com or visit mcguireinc.com/strategicplanning.
Arsenic
Radionuclides
1,4 Dioxane
TCE
Water Recycling
Microbiological Research
International
Meetings
Please visit our partner
National Groundwater Association
The mission of NGWA is to enhance the skills and credibility of all ground water professionals, develop and exchange industry knowledge and promote the ground water industry and understanding of ground water resources.

You can visit the NGWA website at: http://www.ngwa.org/
Daily Water Resource Newsletters
For those readers who have an interest in water resources, we recommend that you subscribe to Ken Harlow's SoCal Water Resources News. Its focus is mainly on Southern California but it also covers state-wide issues and sometimes a bit beyond.

For free subscription to this or other regional newsletters from Brown and Caldwell, please visit the following website:
http://www.bcwaternews.com/

Relevant Links
For Water Utility Web Design Services, please visit the following address:
http://www.waterweb.net/

To post a job on Job Reservoir, please visit the following address:
http://www.jobreservoir.com/postajob.html

For feedback or a news story suggestion, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/contact/feedback.php

To recommend safedrinkingwater.com NEWS to a colleague, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/contact/sharenewsletter.php

For e-mail delivery problems, please send an e-mail to info@safedrinkingwater.com.

To view the staff for safedrinkingwater.com NEWS, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/html/staff.php

To subscribe to safedrinkingwater.com NEWS, please visit the following address:
http://www.safedrinkingwater.com/subscribe/subscribe.php

Copyright © 2000-2003 safedrinkingwater.com NEWS